Staff Selection Commission will declare the result of SSC CGL tier 1 exam 2016 on November 8, as per official notice. SSC announced the cancellation of one shift exam and hence those candidates who had taken CGL Tier-1 exam held on August 27 in the evening shift will now have to appear for the re-exam on October 27. For being shortlisted to the further examination process (tier-2, 3 & 4), the aspirants are required to score minimum cut-off marks to be decided by the Commission.
SSC CGL Re-Examination Admit cards For North Eastern Region 2016
Staff Selection Commission had notified Combined Graduate Level Examination – CGLE / CGL 2016 to fill approx. 3,815 Group B & C posts including Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector (Income Tax, Central Excise, Examiner, Preventive Officer) in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations. Initially, the tier-1 exam was scheduled to be held in May, but as the Commission introduced Tier-3 & Tier-4 tests, the tier-1 exam was rescheduled for August and September. The number of questions in CGL Tier-1 exam were also reduced from 200 to 100.
Over 38 lakh candidates registered for the CGL 2016 exam, out of which around 14.99 lakh appeared for the tier-1 exam held in 44 Batches from August 27 to September 11 and September 25. Now that the second shift exam (4.15 pm to 5.30 pm) held on August 27 stands cancelled, the candidates who had appeared for the test on that shift will have to take the re-exam in one week.
Note: The admit cards for re-exam of that shifts have been released by SSC’s regional websites. You can download now if it’s your shift.
|Important event related to SSC CGL||SSC CGL dates|
|Roll numbers issue||August 12, 2016|
|Release of SSC CGL 2016 Tier I admit card||August 16, 2016|
|Date of Tier I exam||August 27, 2016, to September 11, 2016 (In Srinagar on September 25, 2016)|
|Availability of SSC CGL Tier 1 re-exam admit cards from||October 20, 2016|
|Date of Tier I re-exam||October 27, 2016|
|Availability of SSC CGL Tier II 2016 admit card (expected)||November 2016, first week|
|Tier II exam date||November 30, 2016, to December 2, 2016|
|Availability of SSC CGL 2016 Tier III admit card (expected)||December 2016|
|Tier III exam date (tentative)||January 2017|
Tier 1 Exam Pattern
There will be 100 questions of 200 marks. Exam will be of 75 minutes duration. Exam pattern of SSC CGL 2016 Tier 1 is given below.
|General intelligence and reasoning||25|
- For each correct answer, candidate gets 2 marks.
- For each incorrect answer, negative marking is of 0.5 marks.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2016-2017 – Instructions for candidates
- Staff Selection Commission issues Combined Graduate Level Admit Card at least two weeks before exam.
- Read and follow the instructions printed on the SSC CGL 2016 Admit Card.
- SSC CGL Hall Tickets are made available for download at regional websites of the Commission, and not sent by any other means like post.
- Candidates can know roll number and download SSC CGL Admit Card 2016 using registration ID or roll number or name and date of birth.
- Along with the hall ticket (admission certificate), candidate should also be carrying one valid photo identity proof in original along with four passport size photographs (exact number and standard of photograph to be carried should be checked against the admit card).
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate and/or Attendance Sheet is not clear, invigilators are required to verify the identity of the Candidates with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate and/or on Attendance Sheet as the case may be. Accordingly, candidates should bring passport size colour photographs (two photographs for each session) for affixing it in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate and/or on the Attendance Sheet in the presence of Invigilator. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
SSC CGL Re-Examination Admit cards For North Eastern Region 2016: Download here